TABLE OF CONTENT
Article 1 – Collected personal data
Article 2 – Purposes of the processing of data
Article 3 – How we share your personal data with third parties
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
Article 5 – Your rights
Article 6 – How we secure your personal data
Article 7 – Cookies
ARTICLE 1 COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
1. KUYCKXMEERS processes your Personal Data in the context of its activities. This concerns:
− Customer data - When you use the functionalities of our website or place an order, we may collect the following customer data about you: your surname, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, the name of your company and VAT number and any other data you provide to us;
− Supplier data - If you are a (potential) supplier, we will process the following personal data about you: your surname, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone details, the name of your company and VAT number, bank account number and any other data that you provide to us.;
− Communication data - If you call us, email us or submit a contact form, we may collect the following personal data: your name, email address, telephone number, as well as the data you provide yourself;
ARTICLE 2 PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING OF DATA
1. General purposes:
We will use your personal data exclusively for:
- Cookies - to maintain and improve our website and to include personal data in statistics, on the legal basis of your explicit, prior consent;
- Customer data - to manage your account on our website and for the delivery and invoicing of products or services ordered by you, based on the necessity to perform a contract that you have requested or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so;
- Supplier data - to send you an invitation to tender, place an order, pay your invoices and communicate with you, on the legal basis of the necessity to perform a contract;
- Communication data - in order to be able to answer your question or request, on the legal basis of your explicit, prior consent online and our legitimate interest in contacting you by telephone;
ARTICLE 3 HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
1. In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties:
- public authorities, courts and police forces on the basis of a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations,
- financial institutions,
- insurance institutions,
2. If we ever cease our activities or transfer them to someone else, for example because we go bankrupt or sell our business, this could mean that your personal data will be transferred to third parties who will take over all or part of our business. In that case, we will always inform you in advance to the best of our ability, but you acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
ARTICLE 4 DURATION OF THE PROCESSING
We will retain your personal data for as long as this is necessary in accordance with the purposes of processing and legal provisions:
- invoices for 7 years (name, address, e-mail address, phone number, purchase)
ARTICLE 5 YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access your personal data and the ways in which we use them at any time, free of charge. You have the right to request us to correct, supplement or remove your personal data. In a number of cases listed in the GDPR, you may also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you have serious and legitimate reasons that exceed our need to process
your data. You also have the right to object at any time to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, even without having to give a reason. You have the right to request your personal data in digital and readable form and/or to have them transferred to another service provider of your choice. Insofar as our processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time.
You can exercise your rights by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Dorpsstraat 40, 2.01 (3500 Hasselt) or via the contact form on our website.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Tel : +32 (0)2 274 48 00
If necessary, you can also file a claim for damages before the civil court.
ARTICLE 6 HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure the safety of your personal data.
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Under no circumstances can KUYCKXMEERS be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
ARTICLE 7 COOKIES
The cookie list below gives you an overview of the cookies that our website uses.