Z.ERO W.ASTE VASE

For the BKRK Award we have researched the possibilities of glass that is difficult to recycle. It is generally known that glass is fully recyclable. In practice we see that this only happens with about 90% of the material. It is hard to find a market for the remaining 10% which is very difficult to recycle.

 

The result of our research is a series of experiments with 'Foam Glass', a material that consists out of recycled glass, mixed with a small amount of lime. This method made it possible to transform glass into a light, solid and easy to work with material. This in contrast to the traditional properties of glass.

 

The cylindrical volumes were created by the use of large tin cans. For some objects we have left this structure visible. 

 

diameter: 15,5 cm

height: variable

Z.ERO W.ASTE TABLE

Table made of leather leftovers bounded by an environmentel friendly mineral resin.